Our Rental Policies
On the Edge Vacation Rentals
A $450 deposit is required to confirm your reservation. Once rental dates are held, a contract will be sent summarizing all charges, including rental rates and security deposit. We will hold the dates for ten (10) days after booking the reservation and mailing the contract. If payment of the deposit has not been received within that time, we will release the dates. The balance for your stay is due no later than 30 days prior to your arrival date
Cancellation and Refunds:
Reservations confirmed within 30 days of arrival require payment in full. As short term cancellations greatly affect us, cancellations made within 7 days prior to arrival date will forfeit 100% of the charges. Cancellations made between 7-60 days prior to arrival date will incur a $450 cancellation fee. Cancellations made more than 60 days prior to the arrival date will incur a $50.00 administrative fee.
We understand circumstances beyond your control may cause you to cancel your reservation. To protect your vacation investment, we strongly recommend purchasing trip cancellation insurance.
1. We are grateful for your patronage and hope you enjoy your visit. Please treat the rental premises with common sense and respect. Leave everything in a condition substantially similar to how you found it. We cannot issue discounts or refunds for any unanticipated issues with the equipment or appliances, but please let our Manager know immediately if anything needs repair or maintenance.
2. There is No Daily Maid Service. While an initial cleaning and linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. This house is provided with a starter supply of limited household supplies. These items will not be replenished during your stay: toilet paper, paper towels, dish washing soap, dish washing detergent, laundry detergent, shampoo, bar soap, & trash bags.
3. On leaving, please remove all uneaten food from the refrigerator, wash, dry & put away all dirty dishes, place dirty linen on the washing machine and start a load of dirty towels. Make sure all fires are put out. Turn down the wall thermostat to 55 degrees. Return any moved furniture to original position. Place all garbage in bags & remove to the garage. Lock all doors, return the key to the lock box, and let our Manager know if there are any issues with the premises.
4. This is a quiet, peaceful neighborhood. Enjoy your visit, but please conduct yourself with due respect and consideration to our neighbors.
5. You must be at least 21 years old to rent this property and must show proper photo identification at the time of check-in. An adult must be present at all times to supervise any children under 18 years of age.
6. Please do not arrive before the 4 pm check in time. Check out time is 11:00 am. We appreciate your cooperation in adhering to check out times so we can prepare for our arriving guests. We will gladly grant an extension if possible.
7. Our home is pet and smoke free. Bringing pets or smoking in this home will result in immediate eviction & forfeiture of entire security deposit.
8. Enjoy the hot tub, but treat it with special care. No children younger than 12 may enter the hot tub at any time. All children must be watched by their parents at all times while near the hot tub. Before entering the Hot Tub, please rinse off. Pay attention to the standard health risks and warnings associated with hot tubs and remember there is certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. Do not drink or smoke in or near the hot tub. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person. Do Not Stand on the Hot Tub Covers, they will break and you will be charged for replacement cover. Replacement cover costs start at $350.00. Please check the cover for damage when you arrive, and let the manager know if there is any. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave the cover on so the hot tub will stay warm.
9. Our home is equipped with wood burning fireplaces or stoves. Should you elect to use a wood burning appliance, you are responsible for any additional cleaning or damage to the premises, including carpets, caused by sparks or ashes, or smoke damage to interior walls, furnishings and decorations. Please do not burn driftwood in fireplaces or leave fires unattended.
10. The Maximum Occupancy of this house is_____. Exceeding occupancy limits will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of Total Reservation Charges.
11. Parking is limited to ____vehicles. Parking rules are strictly enforced. All vehicles must be parked in the driveway or in the garage. Do not park on the lawn or yard. Vehicles not parked correctly, in the designated area, or are in excess of the allowable limit may be towed at ownerâ€™s expense. On the Edge Vacation Rentals LLC. Is not responsible for damage or theft of any vehicles or contents. If On the Edge Vacation Rentals LLC. Receives a complaint or observes any disregard of parking policies, a guestâ€™s vehicle may be towed or guest may be evicted and/or forfeit the Total Reservation Charges.
12. On the Edge Vacation Rentals LLC shall not be liable for uncontrollable occurrences that may interfere with your occupancy, including but not limited to Acts of God, extreme or adverse weather, flooding, fires, labor disputes and nearby construction noise. No rebate, refund or relocation will be offered in these rare but possible circumstances.
13. Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that On the Edge Vacation Rentals LLC provides accurate information and descriptions in its web site, advertising and representations; however, On the Edge Vacation Rentals LLC. disclaims liability for printing errors, information that may be misleading or inaccurate, rental rate changes, or the removal, repair, or replacement of any furnishings or equipment.
14. The refundable damage deposit will be refunded within fourteen days following your visit, unless there are missing amenities, damage beyond normal wear and tear, extraordinary cleaning requirements, damage to the grounds or destabilization of the sand hillside due to foot traffic or any other extraordinary circumstances which we deem to require a claim upon your deposit. In the case of damages, the cost of repairs, including materials and labor, will be deducted from your deposit. We will be fair with you. If we claim all or any part of your deposit, we will give you a written explanation. You are also responsible for paying for any damage costs over and beyond the amount of the deposit. We appreciate your understanding of how a damage deposit system helps us deliver premises in the clean and attractive condition you deserve.
15. Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
16. Force Majeure. In the event that On the Edge Vacation Rentals, LLC is unable to make the house available to Renter on the Rental Date for the purposes as set forth in this Agreement, he shall give the Renter a minimum of 45 days notice, and the Renter shall have the option of choosing an alternate date to rent the property, if it is available, or to rent another On the Edge Vacation Rentalâ€™s, LLC rental property, at no extra charge to Renter. If Renter selects an Alternate Rental Date or Location, that is reasonably acceptable to Owner, then the Alternate Rental Date or Location shall replace the Rental Date and Location for the purposes of this Agreement, and all obligations, rights, duties and privileges as set forth in this Agreement shall remain binding on the Parties. If Renter and Owner cannot agree upon an Alternate Rental Date or Location within 30 days of the original Rental Date, then Owner shall refund to Renter the full amount of the Rental Fee (including the full Deposit). In neither case shall On the Edge Vacation Rentals, LLC be liable for any additional costs or damages suffered by Renter (over and above the Rental Fee) arising out of a rescheduling or cancellation of the Event pursuant to this Section 16.
17. Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.